Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quick Update

So, I realize that my previous blog was a little bit dreary and or/suicidal....not to worry friends--I am alive and well. Venting actually helps quite a bit! :) And, my children have not been harmed by my hand. Hoo-rah! I still stand completely by my frustration and own it all. However, I hope that I did not come across as looking down on SAHM or full-time caregivers and teachers. I have a huge amount of respect for those women that fight the good fight each day at home with their kids as well as those that feel called to work with others' children. We certainly need quality caregivers. The point that I was trying to get across is that it is not for me, as well as my frustration that people think as a woman/mother child care is all you are qualified to do. Child care and teaching are REAL jobs as well. I just hate how this is my ONLY option if I don't want to hand my children over to day care 50 hours a week. Also, I hate how caregiving has a somewhat lower esteem and value in society's eyes. That sucks.

No comments: