Thursday, July 16, 2009

My humiliation knows no bounds; or, alternatively, I am the envy of all!

So, it turns out I do not need a cast--yay! no surgery, no drama, hoo-rah! However, I do get to wear a very stylish orthopedic shoe for a month--hence I am the envy of all. I am really afraid to leave the house in case someone tries to assault me and take my shoe. I will post pics soon...but seriously, stay away. It's not for sale.

As a one-legged woman, I try to stay away from venues that require a lot of walking. However, I had to go get my prescription for Vicadin filled. At the Target. Once I realized how much hobbling on my crutches that was going to take, I began to rethink the plan. I was already there so I did what I had to do--got one of the handy little carts that they provide for the differently abled. And so began my humiliation. It's funny, I have had 3 children and my girl parts have been on display for a team of medical people, and yet this experience on the cart was my most embarrassing to date. People stare at you. On the plus side, you get a very pleasant breeze as you zoom along. PS and BTW, it does, in fact, beep (LOUDLY) when you back up.

Getting to know Longview better. Still miss our friends and our church like crazy.

No comments: