Monday, November 22, 2010

Potty Training Part II, Big Boy Bed, and Hobby Lobby

I am going to start by saying that Hobby Lobby is a treacherous web of deception and lies. I am not a crafty person in the slightest, and I generally get overwhelmed by crafty things. However, I braved a trip to HL with my little boys to buy a frame. It should have been an in and out job, but that place is full of so much kitsch it can cross your eyes. I found myself side-tracked by shiny pretty baubles and the wheels in my head started turning. "I can make this. Wouldn't that look cute... I can totally rock this look in my house!" Cart full, I realize that when I head home, this will actually just be pieces of crap, not magnificient works of art. What the H-E-double hockey sticks was I thinking?!? I can't do any of this s#!t. As I leave, I give HL the stink eye.

We introduced Noah to his big boy bed last night. The toddler bed has been in his room since we moved, and he has just continued to sleep in his crib. We hadn't talked about the big boy bed, we just did our regular nightly routine and placed him in the toddler bed instead of the crib. He was upset at first. Nathan had to go back in and read some extra stories. And, amazingly, he just laid down and went to sleep. I don't even know what to say. Nathan was like, "Is it supposed to be this easy?!?" I dunno. Again, at nap time today, I said, "Are you ready to go to sleep? Noah said "Yeah" in his baby language, and I just laid him down. He slept for two hours. So, okay. Yay for us. I love my sweet little boy. Now, about that paci....We are going to need Jesus for that.

The girls are both potty trained, but wear pull-ups at night. I just up and decided that Elisa was old enough to go without one. I don't know if this is true, I just didn't feel like buying 60 pull-ups a month. So, we just talked about wearing big girl panties at night and we have her go to the bathroom before she goes to bed. We leave the bathroom light on so she can go if she wakes up and sometimes she does. However, she is still wetting her bed about 50% of the time. I am not sure if her body is ready, but she is almost 5. Thoughts or ideas, anyone?

1 comment:

Tricha said...

I feel your pain on the potty training. It isn't working at all in our house. Emily sits on the potty, but no dice. Then she just pees in the pull up. Not sure how to proceed.

Take care and have a great weekend.