Thursday, February 17, 2011

Potty Training, Part 3

The good news is that this story should only have 4 parts. So, I am on the down swing, right? ;-) I bought a potty for Noah, and I let him practice sitting in it. He loves to sit fully clothed and open and shut the lid. The other day, he asked for the potty, and I thought, "Hey, let's get him naked and see if he will go". So now, he is OBSESSED with stripping down and sitting on the potty. He comes to me all the time and wants me to take off his shirt and pants. This morning, I was thinking that maybe I should just let him run around naked and see if I can get him to potty. Well, those of you with boys know that is probably not a good idea. See, I have to learn these things the hard way. Girls are different than boys, lest I forget. After only 3 minutes, Noah had *ahem* rubbed himself fantastically red, if you catch my drift. Now, I believe we are what you call a NAKED HOUSE. I am not particularly modest in front of my children. We don't parade around naked, but I don't hide things either. I believe in teaching that bodies are not embarrassing, etc. Eh, my kids see me naked occasionally. We are still working to get Nathan into "free-love" mode ;) Anywho friends, I just couldn't do it. I could not sit there and watch my son incessantly touch himself. He was having a good time and that's great, but not for public consumption. I had to put up a barrier between him and his fun parts. And so the diaper went back on. I tried. I learned. I believe I will change tactics!

1 comment:

Callie said...

It took me a few minutes thinking about part 3 and going to look for part 1 and 2...then it dawned on me what you meant. Yep I'm tired. :) And yep boys are fun! ;)