Monday, August 2, 2010

Hard to find the time...

Greetings all! For those I haven't talked with lately, yes, we made it to New York and back! It was...interesting. The trip itself, I mean. It was lovely in New York. My sister-in-law's family is so hospitable and welcoming. Their wedding was wonderful. They live in upstate New York, and the county if beautiful. Totally like a painting. The food and fellowship was so good, I am looking forward to a chance to go back--maybe in the winter so we can ski!
Things I learned in the car on the way there and back:
  • 3 children produce an amazing amount of urine in a 20 hour period
  • we traversed 7 states (Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York), and of all 7, Ohio was the worst--it took 6-7 hours to bisect it--I mean, like, are we in another state yet or what?
  • my kids are inevitably the most cranky when I am the most cranky
  • lowest parenting moment: Yelling "shut up" at the top of my lungs at one point in Ohio (see bullet point #2)
  • it is actually possible to do this--I feel much more comfortable planning a trip to say, Florida or California now that I know what to expect

In other news, I am 36 1/2 weeks and ready for this baby in about 2 weeks...hopefully he will be just like the other 3 and come b/t 38 and 39 weeks. Packed and ready to go. Carseat in the car. My van is like a little carseat carnival.

Current state of mind:

  • My best girlfriend recently got engaged and I haven't had a chance to "dish" with her yet. I hate that my life is so crazy that we cannot connect. It kills me. Even as I write this blog, I have a child screaming in the background b/c he cannot get some toy to do what he wants it to.
  • Just found out I am Strep B positive again for the 4th time. Really bummed as well because that means I have to be hooked up to antibiotics for 4+ hours prior to delivery. In my first and third pregnancies, I obviously didn't make it that long and they had to keep my babies an extra night in the hospital to screen them. They were obviously fine, but it is just another worry I don't really want/need.
  • My hubby has been working A LOT lately...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I am just getting anxious about impending labor/delivery coinciding with the start of fall/school. I hope our pace to life will change when Micah gets here because I am just feeling uber worn out. Na has to go to Houston Wednesday night just for an overnight trip but of course that is when I will go into labor, right? :)
  • My oldest baby (she is only 4!) is currently on the Blanco river near Austin with my mother. She has been gone since Friday is coming back tomorrow (Tuesday). I know I should take advantage of being minus a child, but I miss her like crazy. She even sounds different on the phone. So grown up and able to handle being away from home for 5 days! I had a mental breakdown last night when I hadn't heard from her all day. I chalk it up to hormones, but I also feel bittersweet about my baby growing up. She starts PreK in 2 weeks. Sigh.

At this point, you probably will not hear from me until after Micah is born, but I will post pics when he arrives!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Soooo happy for baby Micah!!! Hang in there fearless leader and true follower! You rock hot mess Mama XOXO, Lisa