Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gratefulness

I started a women's Bible study at my church today. We are reading through Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity. We all agreed that the book is not what we were expecting (at least in the beginning). It seems to jump around a lot. However, one thing we did agree on was how all of us don't feel like we should be living the happy lives that we are. Someone mentioned they felt like they always lived "waiting for the other shoe to drop". That is exactly the way I feel! I feel like I don't deserve the life that I have and something bad must happen to me soon. Of course, this is just not the case, but it doesn't mean I don't have that insecurity. I just wanted to drop a line here and say how incredibly grateful I am to lead the life I do. I have 4 healthy children, a wonderful husband, a way to get around town and we manage to pay the bills on time. What more could one ask for?

I especially feel grateful for my children. There are so many people out there right now that are heartbroken from miscarriages or failed attempts to get pregnant. It doesn't seem fair that I got to have 4 with no problems! My heart goes out to these men and women and I truly wish them peace and patience. And, I am joyful for all the preggos out there! It seems like virtually everyone I know if having a bebe, and it is awesome! I absolutely don't want it any more for myself, but I am truly excited for all my friends: Baby Accord, Baby Braden, Baby Collins, Baby Dorand, Baby Patel, and Baby Salter! I can't wait to meet your little ones!

On a random sidenote, I am on the countdown to a new phone. My old phone crapped out in July and rather than spend the $50 to get a new phone through insurance, I bought a $30 gophone. I am due for a new phone in October. I thought I could easily wait 3 months. However, shortly after purchasing gophone, Ava dunked it in water so I had to buy another one! Now I have spent $60--does that even make sense?!? Anyway, gophones suck (it's a flip phone!) and texting is really old school now. I can't wait for an iphone or at least something similar!

No comments: