Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blessings abundant!!

Whoa! So much has happened this past week, I can't believe it has only been 10 days since all the changes! It is so funny how just when you let go of something that is when it is given to you. How many times have I been taught this lesson? A couple of weeks ago, when I was in my frustrating doldrums of wanting a job, I had gone to talk to the Head of the private Episcopal school here as well as the Rector of our church. I had handed out my resume but nothing, of course, was available part-time. Monday morning, we are coming back from Houston after Ava's appointment (her ears look great!), and I get a phone call. The Head of School just got an opening for Director of Early Childhood and instantly thought of me. What an ego booster! I went the next day to get the deets, and then I started Wednesday. School started this past Monday. What a rush! 5 days to get a classroom ready, enroll the girls, start school! Let me fill in the blanks: I work 7:30 am to 12:00 pm only every day. I teach a 3 year-old class as well as administrate the Early Childhood program. That consists of 3 3 year-old classes and 2 2 year-old classes. My title is Director of Early Childhood. Isn't that fancy? I will, of course, need to put in extra hours on occasion. There are late afternoon staff meetings once a week and there are various things that need to get done in the afternoon. However, my girls are attending the school now. I have a friend keeping Noah in her home, and I can pick him up and bring him back to the school if I have work to do. I can always go in after Na gets home too. But really, I imagine to be home by 12:30 most days. How awesome is this!?!! Just when I had given up and was learning to be content with my situation, God moves me again! I don't feel like Nathan and I even remotely deserve any of the blessings in our lives, but I suppose that is the point. God is always good. Period. It is just amazing to see the plans He has for us playing out!!!

4 comments:

BWMC said...

Exciting News! The opportunity sounds awesome!

Lisa said...

ALL GLORY TO GOD!!!

YAY!

LOVE U GIRL

Lacy Frazier said...

congrats on the job!!!!!

dsmith said...

How beautiful.... all of it. Your family, your children, the blogs, the wonderful people you kids are growing up to be living the life that Christ wants us to live. Raising your children with Christ in their dailey lives, and yes you are worthy of all your blessings. The lord spoke to me through this posting and I trust in him but it is so hard to let it go sometimes but i know he will be there to bless me too. He always is. I know your mom is so proud. She really did a great job. Things where so different for me through my childhood. I Found the Lord very young but was not allowed to go to church any more after summer camp one year because I told my mom I had spoke in tounge. I am just really realising that I may have been forbiden to go to my lords house but he was always there by my side he never left me. Your dicriptive words paint a different picture for me to look back on and I thank you and thank God for putting your whole family in my life. I miss all of you so much. I think of you all often. I was so shocked to hear you two had three kids. I have to stop this..my tears are flowin so fast I cant see and this was to be a short comment....and has wound up to be ??? Well what the lord wanted it to be so no need to re-read. I love you guys...please keep in touch and GOD BLESS. Denise Hefley